May marked the relaunch of the S3 Newsletter–and the next issue could be starring you! Sign-up here to receive each issue via email, as well as to share news, such as:
- Moving: From one sports/entertainment related position to another
- Awards, or
- Other stupendous feats of possible interest to readers.
In in this month’s newsletter we learned of:
S3 Track Rebranding & New Faculty
To better align the curriculum with the needs of the industry, Baylor S3 now offers three tracks: Ticket Sales, Strategic Partnerships & Branded Content, and CRM & Analytics. After completing her Ph.D. at Rutgers, Dr. Tyrha M. Lindsey-Williams joins the faculty in the Department of Marketing this fall to teach advertising & digital marketing as part of the partnerships track.
S3 Club Record
The S3 Club includes all junior & senior majors and underclassmen interested in S3. With 138 active members, we surpassed the previous high membership set the year before by over 50%. Thank you board members and alumni for your support!
Thanks to our partners for another great year placing S3 students in careers & internships. See who went where here.
Want to be involved next year? Register now for January 2018 Pro Day & Board Meetings! We are currently accepting new supporting and leadership partners.
AT&T Challenge Winners
As part of Pro Sales II with Dr. Lehnus, juniors teamed with AT&T to create strategic partnership solutions for the Dallas Mavericks to reach fans in Mexico. This year’s winners of the competition were Diane Siri, Dodge Bludau, Courtney Ulrich and Ian Young.
Special thanks to our judges: Bill Mosely (AT&T), Eric Fernandez (SportsDesk Media), David Peart (Root Sports), Travis Dillon (The Marketing Arm), George Killebrew (Dallas Mavericks), and Jason Cook (Baylor University).
S3 Bright Futures Awards
In partnership with BBVA Compass Bank, S3 honors the female and male outstanding seniors with the #BrightFutures Award at the Senior Banquet. This year’s winners are Erika Moulder (SSE) and Grant McLaughlin. Thanks to our guest speakers Sheiludis Moyett and Tuck Ross from BBVA Compass! #LiveBright!
The Bright Futures Award goes to the male and female seniors who best exemplify the S3 values of WINS: Work ethic + Integrity + Networking + Spirit. Winners are honored at spring events, awarded plaques, and receive $1000 toward attending the Daniel Summit after completing one year in their careers in the business of sports.
- Mitch Mann (2009) – Associate Athletic Director, Baylor Athletics
- Tommy Wright (2011) – Marketing Sponsorship & Partnership Manager, Houston Space Center
- Travis Gafford (2011) – Inside Sales Manager, Spurs Sports & Entertainment
- Alex Karp (2012) – Senior Business System Analyst, Utah Jazz
- Twila Mulflur (2015) – Client Support Coordinator, Stone Timber River
- Hayley Di Naso (2015) – Hospitality Sales, San Francisco 49ers
- Anthony Potts (2015) – BI Manager, Houston Dynamo
- Austin Flagg (2010) – Senior Manager, Business Development, PGA Tour
- Blake Pallansch (2015) – Premium Account Executive, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Austin Dinnes (2015) – Premium Account Executive, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Nick Buckley (2016) – Account Executive, Membership Sales, Houston Rockets
Next month we will feature the Movers & Shakers of S3 Board Members–so share your news here!